April 14-21, 2017
On Friday, April 14, we will be leaving on our tenth trip to Tijuana, Mexico. We will be going to support the local church in Mexico and build homes for families in need. If you attend the trip, we expect that you volunteer for a minimum of one week during summer camp at the Youth Farm Bible Camp.
Information meeting for anyone interested in attending this year's trip is Tuesday, October 25 at 7:30 (meet at YFBC)
What to Bring:
You will not need to bring sleeping bags, pillow, mattress, tent or chair. We will be providing this. You will need to bring your own pillow cases, towels, extra blankets, hammer, gloves, and tool belt.
You are able to bring one checked bag (less then 50lbs) and Carry-On Baggage (WestJet Carry-on Baggage Policy)
- Before Christmas we will once again be selling $100 family size Frozen Food Packs
- The team will be mixing and selling our famous Cookie Dough in February
- YFBC Cookbooks are available at the office for participants to sell as well
- You may also be interested in sending out support letters to friends and family. Please ask us about this option if you are interested.
- There might be an opportunity for you to work at the Corn Maze to raise funds towards your trip. Please contact Mark to discuss details and this possibility.
Like our Facebook Page - Youth Farm Bible Camp. We will be posting updates on this trip and pictures on the YFBC Facebook Page.
This trip is a short-term mission trip based on serving the local church in Mexico, while creating cross-cultural understanding through direct exposure to the Mexican culture. We are not just building a house in a developing nation. We also are going to understand the conditions of poverty through immersion.
- April 14 - Fly to California from Saskatoon, stay overnight
- April 15 - Drive to Tijuana
- April 16 - Go to church in Mexico, see some sites in Mexico
- April 17-20 - Build houses in Mexico!
- April 21 - Travel home
We are excited about the opportunity to have an experience like this. It will be a life changing event.
This Mexican Mission trip gives us the opportunity to serve God and people. Participants will be changed by attending this trip! I am excited about it and cannot wait for the van to leave!
We will be building a 11’x22’, two-room home with a slab floor, stucco-finished exterior, two windows, and a door. It is a simple design, built according to the standards of the community.
The house will be built for a family on the outskirts of Tijuana, Mexico. The roads are dirt, there is no running water, no electricity, no streetlights, no garbage collection, and no mail service. The government has been trying to improve the living conditions in these areas. In these communities, families purchase, on average, a 20' by 40' lot from the government to live on. The typical home that is constructed on the lot is from used garage doors with a dirt floor. When it rains, the family ends up living in a house with a floor that turns to mud.
We are going to Mexico to build hope in the life of a family.
Contact us for more details - email@example.com or 1-855-855-9322 ext 0.